SHAASTRA SAMPARK HYDERABAD
WHAT IS SHAASTRA SAMPARK?
Shaastra, the annual technical festival of IIT Madras, will be reaching out to colleges in Hyderabad this year with its outreach program: Sampark. With a series of events being conducted and winners gaining a wild card entry into the finals at Shaastra, not to mention Rs. 18,500 worth of prize money, this is an effort to bring the annual celebration of “The Spirit of Engineering” closer to students across the country. With footfalls of 20,000 each year, Shaastra is well-known for being one of the biggest and the best technical fests in Asia and the first in the world to be ISO: 9001 certified. The 14th edition of the fest will be held from 5th to 8th January, 2013.
SHAASTRA SAMPARK IN HYDERABAD
Samparks are a series of workshops, events, lectures and qualifiers that are held at cities across India in an effort to bring Shaastra closer to everyone. Sampark Hyderabad 2011 witnessed a 1000- strong participation from colleges across the city providing an interactive platform for some of the brightest minds of the city. This year with new and improved events that assure wildcard entries, never before seen demonstrations, and much more. Sampark provides an exciting preview of what lies ahead.
The Hyderabad edition of the Shaastra Sampark will be held on 23rd of September, 2012 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Vasavi Engineering College.
EVENTS AT SAMPARK HYDERABAD
1) Project – X: Project X, reputed as the largest participated event in Shaastra, is a hands-on event which focuses on creativity and craftsmanship. The most efficient, elegant and innovative working models will walk away with cool prizes.
2) Auto Quiz: This is a quiz for automobile freaks, where they battle out with their buddy auto enthusiast through rounds of audio-visuals, tech-stuffs, vintage cars, and motorsports.
3) Autonomous Robotics: Robotics provides a platform to showcase skill, innovation, strategy and design that are required to come up with a winning machine.
4) Contraptions: Contraptions is a vintage design and build competition, in which the participant is expected to complete a certain set of tasks, in as complicated a manner as possible.
5) Cube Workshop: The Cube workshop will provide participants with a unique chance to understand the intricacies of solving a Rubik’s Cube and would help develop one’s own approach to tame this mind-boggling multicolored monster.
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Syamantak Basu(M): +91 -99622 65947