KEVIN PIETERSEN RETIREMENT AND PEOPLE’S REACTIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD
England’s star batsman Kevin Pietersen has decided to retire from international limited-overs cricket with immediate effect. British media confirmed Pietersen’s decision, which was taken in consultation with the board during the first Test against West Indies at Lord’s recently.
“After a great deal of thought and deliberation, I am today announcing my retirement from international one-day cricket,” said Pietersen in the media release. “With the intensity of the international schedule and the increasing demands on my body, approaching 32, I think it is the right time to step aside and let the next generation of players come through to gain experience for the ICC World Cup in 2015.
Former England Captain Michael Vaughan said- I don’t think it will be long before the Big bash see KPswitch hitting his away across Australia….
Siddhartha Mallya, RCB Chairman, said- Not just as a friend, but as a cricket fan, its a shame we won’t see KP play the T20 WC in SL..all because of a stupid ECB rule
Here are few interesting reactions from the people across the globe-
- Has Kevin Pietersen been taking career advice from Shahid Afridi again?
- Kevin Pietersen resigns from limited overs cricket. Jeremy Hunt still not resigned from limited ability politics.
- We take our hats off and salute Kevin Pietersen for his wonderful innings and career achievements
- Now waiting for “Rupee value goes further down due to Kevin Pietersen’s retirement” news…
- KP has retried when he was no ICC’s number 1 T20 batsman and only English to score over 1000 runs in t20’s
- I can’t imagine why Kevin Pietersen would want to quit all limited overs cricket already for anything other than money. It’s a shame.
- Kevin Pietersen retires? What is he, like, 12 or something??
- Will be interesting to see if Kevin Pietersen carries on playing IPL cricket. Money over morals?